1. Collaboration Through Partnerships
We welcome partners to work with us to make a difference. We are looking for partnerships to work with to bring about the much needed changes. Please join us in the effort to bring hope to people of Nakalongo Community here in Uganda. We are now seeking to collaborate internationally with individuals and organizations that share the same vision. Areas of collaboration include:
- Education and Training
- Community Development
- Infrastructure Development
We believe we can make a difference. Quality education enables people to break out of the poverty trap and enhance the quality of life for themselves and their community. The teaching collaborating in groups helps teachers share ideas, increases student achievement, creates a positive school climate and increases community involvement. Volunteers can be teachers or non- teaching individuals or couples committed to education and development. Teaching experience is not necessary but must: We have opportunities for volunteers to assist with teaching at the:
- Be a caring, motivated individual, and committed to helping underprivileged children.
- Be ready to live in a rural area; and
- Have a desire to make a difference in the lives of the students.
- Preschool: teach Basic English skills and carry out basic childcare duties.
- Elementary school: teach core subjects, such as English, mathematics, science, social sciences, and extra-curricular activities.
2. Empowering the Community to Help their Children
Apart from abject poverty in the village, there is a low standard of public services. Constant droughts, diseases, and illiteracy make it difficult for parents to provide their children with basic needs like food, clean water and shelter. This affects the physical and mental development of children. Some of our children have sight impairment with no opportunity to visit an eye doctor. In a face to face dialogue with some of our prospective supporters, we would receive valuable and insightful ideas of how to take the project to the next level. We need to support social-economic skills development to enhance self- reliance and sustainability in order to alleviate food shortages, enhance household incomes and improve living conditions. The following sustainability Programs were identified:
- Diversification of farming practices and use of irrigation
- Provision of drought resistant seeds
- Skills training
- Micro finance
Access to micro finance will support small business projects; support modern agricultural methods and provide a much needed source of income for families. When parents are empowered, they will be in position to support their children with nutritious food, clothing and also contribute to teachers’ salaries